swiped from raine_wynd, unmisha, zaratyst
1. What does your first name mean?
Margaret: Derived from the Greek meaning pearl.
2. What does your middle name mean?
Jeanne: Feminine form of John, meaning gracious
3. What does your last name mean?
4. So what does your name mean when put together?
The Gracious Jeweled Warrior?
Pearl Precious Warrior (imagine Gollum saying it).
5. What would you have been named if you were the opposite gender?
6. Any other name oddities?
When I lived in Walla Walla, there was a Margaret Joanne Kelly. We banked at the same bank. My address was Rt. 2 Box 153, Walla Walla. Her address was Rt. 2, Box 153, Lowden (next town over). She had a habit of spending more money than she had. My name was first Margaret Jeanne before Margaret Joanne.I spent a lot of time correcting mistakes before changing banks.
Also, almost only close family calls me Margaret. I've been Meg since I was in high school.
I discovered, only a year ago, that my middle name, on all my birth records is Jean. My mother's name is Jeanne. I've always written, given, etc. my middle name as Jeanne. Now that Mom's passed away, I may formally change it to legally be Jeanne.
7. Do you like your name? Most of the time. Margaret is a little formal. I definitely think I'm more Meg-like..
8. What do you like best about it? I like the way my full name looks written in cursive.
9. What do you like least about it? It's amazing how many people can't spell Kelly.
And I get called Meg Ryan a lot, too. Maybe because we both have blue eyes.
10. If you HAD to change your name (witness protection program, whatever), what would you want it to be? I always wanted to be Alecia, just because it's pretty and round to write and totally girly.